Saturday, April 13, 2019

Ahoy there - sea day 2


Another sea day today.  Again a little rocky overnight but I still seemed to get enough sleep.  Im not sure the boys are doing as well.  Nate is on a top bunk so I think hes missing the space.  

We had a late breakfast in the restaurant this time, technically we were there for brunch.

Lunch was a mixed bag – Nate had another burger, Tony tried a shrimp taco bowl and I had a sampling from the Cside BBQ.  All were tasty treats but as we had a late breakfast we were already pretty stuffed.  

Of course today was the chocolate extravaganza so I had to get a couple chocolatey treats to sample for afternoon tea.  The best was a choux pastry swan (although Tony said it was a vulture).The rest of the day was just a bit or relaxation before the first formal night.


We all got dressed up in our glad rags and went out around 5.  There are photo opportunities everywhere I might say, we had the chance to have our portraits done as well which was really neat.  Dinner in the dining room again and yet again was delicious.  Still can’t fault the service or the food.


Nate was feeling tired again so left us and went back to the cabin.  Tony and I wandered around the lobby and scored a photo opportunity with the captain.  After that we went to the theatre to watch the show called Miss Houdini.  It was a bit of a mixed bag – the magic stuff was great, until she somehow set her equipment on fire  requiring a break for about 10 minutes mid show.  The dancers are certainly not broadway show quality which is a bit sad.   We agreed that might be the end of the shows for us – hoping the comedy shows go better from now on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment