Monday, April 15, 2019
Under the Sea
The second of our 3 port days is Mare. A beautiful island with a poulation of around 7000 people. We had our restaurant breakfast and got straight onto the tender boat at around 9 am. We didnt need to line up for the boat, and should they have been busy we could have used our Faster to The Fun and queue jumped.
The lifeboats hold about 140 people although I think there was only about 50 of us going over to the island. Once on the island we got onto the prepaid shuttle buses and took a 15 minute rtide to the other side of the island and Yejele beach. The beach was magnificent although sadly it was way windy. We eventually got up the courage and went into the water - Tony was the bravest so Nate joined him. About 2 mins later I decided I wasnt going to be outdone so I got in too.
There were a couple of small coral reefs near to the waters edge so we got to do a wee bit of snorkelling over them. I was surprised how many fishies we saw. Some bright blue ones and some yellow ones and the boys even saw some clown fish.
The other bummer was that there were some very strong currents that were more than willing to push me out to sea. Nate and Tony being much stronger swimmers than I were fine. It did freak me out a little so I kept myself close to shore. I think we spent about an hour splashing around and then caught the bus back to the ship.
We got back onto the ship at around 12 so we showered and then went to get lunch. Was a revisit of Guys Burgers for the grownups today and was just as nice as the first visit.
We passed the afternoon watching movies and snoozing and before I knew it dinner time arrived. Was Italian themed food and we tried Venison which I thought to be quite shite lol.
After dinner we planned to go to the comedy show at 845 but man did we underestimate how popular it was. We got there 10 mins early and it was standing room only. Much to Nates dissapointment we left and decided to try agian tommorrow night - definately getting there early!
Location:
New Caledonia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment